Plantain Crusted Salmon with Mango Salsa
- 4 (6 oz.) Skinless Boneless Pier 33 Gourmet Salmon® portion
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/2 cup diced navel orange
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fresno chili pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 4 oz. plantain chips
- 1 1/2 tsp. cajun seasoning blend
- Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the mango, orange, chili pepper, cilantro, green onion, 1/2 tbsp. of honey, lime juice, salt and pepper. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place the plantain chips in a small food processor and pulse until it becomes coarse crumbs.
- Lay the salmon pieces on a small foil-lined cookie sheet. Brush with the remaining honey and sprinkle the seasoning evenly over each piece. Gently press the plantain crumbs onto the tops of each salmon piece. Lightly spray the top of each salmon piece with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until salmon is just cooked through.
- Spoon the salsa onto each piece of salmon and serve immediately.