Coconut Curry Mussels
2 lb. Pier 33 Gourmet All Natural Mussels
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 sweet onion
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tbsp. red curry paste
1/4 cup low sodium chicken (or seafood) stock
1 (14-ounce) cup full fat coconut milk
2 green onions
baguettes or bread
1) Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and olive oil.
2) Once melted, stir in the onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until slightly softened.
3) Add the curry paste and continue to stir until it evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
4) Cook for 5 minutes.
5) Stir in the coconut milk and stock, stirring until smooth.
6) Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring continuously. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
7) When mussels open, remove and place in serving bowls. **NOTE if any mussels do not open, they are still safe to eat. All Pier 33 Gourmet Mussel products are fully cooked and do not need to be discarded if they do not open. Leave them in the heat a little longer or pry them open using another shell ***
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.