Beer Steamed Mussels
2 lb. Pier 33 Gourmet All Natural Mussels
8 oz. beer
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. Honey
4 garlic cloves
6 thyme sprigs
1/2 diced shallots
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup cooked bacon pieces
1 stick of butter
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1) In a hot saucepan, add beer, lemon juice, honey, garlic, thyme, shallots, tomatoes, and bacon. Stir together.
2) Add Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes
3) When mussels open, remove and place in serving bowls. **NOTE if any mussels do not open, they are still safe to eat. All Pier 33 Gourmet Mussel products are fully cooked and do not need to be discarded if they do not open. Leave them in the heat a little longer or pry them open using another shell ***
4) Return mussel broth to high heat and mix in a butter.
5) Season with salt and pepper.
6) Pour sauce over mussels in serving bowls, and garnish with parsley.
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.