Mussels in a Gourmet Cream Sauce
1 pkg. Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels in White Wine
3 tbsp. butter
1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper
1) In a medium size pan, melt butter over medium heat.
2) Add onion and garlic, cook until light brown.
3) Add white wine and reduce (by simmering) for about 3 minutes.
4) Add heavy cream, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and reduce until sauce thickens.
5) Add mussels, while stirring for 6 to 7 minutes.
6) Serve as appetizer with crusty bread or over your favorite pasta.
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.