Mussels in White Wine, Tomatoes & Chorizo
1 pkg. Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels in Tomato Garlic sauce
1/4 cup chorizo
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/5 garlic cloves, minced
1/5 cup fresh tomato chopped
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth low-sodium
dried crushed red pepper flakes to taste
salt and pepper according to your liking
chopped parsley for garnish
Grilled bread for garnish
1) In a pot, put the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and chorizo, stirring occasionally until chopped onions soften (for about 3-5 minutes).
2) Add garlic, tomatoes, wine and cook, uncovered (for about 3-5 minutes)
3) Add saffron
4) Put the mussels in the pan, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 6 minutes.
5) Add salt/pepper to taste
6) Remove mussels from pan to serving bowls.
7) Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with grilled bread
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.