Mussels with Wine and Cream Sauce
1 pkg. of All Natural Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels
1 large fresh fennel bulb (fronds reserved for garnish) halved lengthwise and cut into 8 wedges
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 shallot, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. flake sea salt, plus more to finish
1 lemon, halved
1) Brush the fennel wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
2) place on a frying pan and cook until deeply charred and the fennel is just starting to soften, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly. Roughly chop 4 of the wedges.
3) place the thawed mussels in a large saucepan. Add the shallot, garlic, chopped fennel, white wine, cream and 1 teaspoon of flake salt.
4) Heat until the juices are bubbling and the mussels have opened, about 12 minutes
5) During the last 2 minutes of cooking, grill the lemon halves until charred and juicy.
6) Finish with a squeeze of the grilled lemon, the reserved grilled fennel wedges, a sprinkling of fennel fronds and a pinch of flake salt
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.