Mussels & Zucchini Pasta Bianca
1 lb. Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels in Butter Garlic Sauce
1 lb. Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels in White Wine Sauce
1 zucchini squash (12 inch)
1 yellow squash (12 inch)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 medium shallot, minced
5 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
2/3 cup dry white wine
2/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese freshly grated
1/4 cup flat leaf Italian parsley, roughly chopped
cracked black pepper, to taste
1) Using a vegetable spiralizer, as directed by manufacturer, form the vegetable pasta strands into a pile, and cut in half to create shorter strands. Set aside.
2) In a large sauté pan, on medium heat, combine butter, olive oil, shallots, cherry tomatoes, and white wine. Simmer until wine slightly reduces.
3) Add Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels in Butter Garlic Sauce and Pier 33 Gourmet Mussels in White Wine Sauce and cover for about 5 minutes, until all the mussels open.
4) Add in the zucchini, squash, pasta and parsley. Lightly toss to incorporate.
5) Lastly, sprinkle freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and a little freshly cracked black pepper (to taste). Toss to incorporate and serve immediately.
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.