Salmon Burgers with Avocado Salsa
1 lb Pier 33 Gourmet Salmon Portions
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. mustard
Salt & pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1 large avocado
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1) Chop the salmon into small pieces and transfer it into a medium mixing bowl.
2) Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Let the mixture rest for 5-10 minutes.
3) Meanwhile in another bowl, mix gently the avocado, onion, cilantro lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4) Heat a little oil in a large non-stick grill pan over medium heat. Divide the salmon mixture into 6 and form patties.
5) Grill patties until browned on both sides and just cooked through; about 4 minutes on each side.
6) Top the patties with avocado salsa.
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.