Salmon & Sun-dried Tomato Cheese Ball
1 (6 oz.) Skinless Boneless Pier 33 Gourmet Salmon® portion
8 oz. block of cream cheese
2 tbsp. sun-dried tomato paste
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. dried Italian herbs
1/4 cup coarse ground walnuts
crackers to serve with dip
1) Preheat oven broiler to 500° F.
2) Lightly salt and pepper salmon on each side.
3) Place fish on a cookie sheet that is lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray. Cook on each side for about 3 minutes until fish flakes with a fork. Once cooked, set fish aside to allow and cool.
4) While the fish is cooling, mix the room temperature cream cheese with sun-dried tomato paste and Italian herbs.
5) Once fish is cooked, flake the salmon into tiny pieces.
6) Now combine the salmon into the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold the mixture together. Once it's combined roll into a ball and pat on ground walnuts.
7) Place on a serving plate with crackers.
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.