Sesame Seed Crusted Salmon with Sun-dried Cranberry Sauce
4 (6 Oz.) Skinless Boneless Pier 33 Salmon® portions
4 Oz. sesame seeds
4 Oz. sun-dried cranberries
8 Oz. cranberry juice
1 Tbsp. white wine
1 Tsp. shallot purée
1 Tsp. fresh chives (chopped)
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Salt & pepper
1) In a small pot, refresh the sun-dried cranberries by bringing the cranberry juice to a boil and adding the dried cranberries.
2) After a few moments, pour the cranberries and the juice into a saucepan and reduce with the white wine and shallots.
3) When you have the desired amount of sauce, add the chives, salt and pepper to taste and whisk in the butter.
4) Season the salmon portions and coat one side of each portion with the seeds.
5) Pan fry the seeded side of salmon for about 15 seconds, flip and bake in a preheated over (400ºF) until done to your taste.
6) Serve with favorite side dish.
Known Health Risk: Consuming raw or undercooked seafood or shellfish may increase your risk of foodborne illness, especially if you have a medical condition. The cooking of such foods reduces the risk of illness.